IMPROVING ROMA EMPLOYMENT THROUGH EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Skopje Region: Municipality of Šuto Orizari; Eastern Region: Delčevo, Vinica, Crnik and Trabotivište.
24 months: from 29.12.2015 to 30.12.2017.
Increasing the long-term employability of marginalized Roma communities through adult education and training, literacy programmes, and increased access to early childhood education and care.
- Increase the integration of Roma adults into the labour market through education and training in order to secure primary and secondary school diplomas;
- Improve education enrolment and retention rates for Roma children aged zero to six through community involvement and increased access to early childhood education and care;
- Empower Roma women and combat gender and ethnic discrimination through the establishment of empowerment and education group.
- Romani children aged zero to six;
- Romani mothers and fathers who stopped their education before the completion of secondary education.
Adult Education Activities:
- Education and training for Roma adults who have previously dropped out in order to obtain official, state-issued primary and secondary education diplomas.
Early Childhood Development and Care Activities:
- Conduct training for pedagogical staff and school administrators;
- Provide after-school training and support to Roma pupils;
- Provide enrolment support, transportation, immunizations and vaccinations, and information to Romani children and their families.
Women’s and Community Empowerment:
- Establish weekly women’s empowerment and support groups;
- Conduct monthly community meetings to discuss issues pertaining to employment, education, and gender right.
Ромски образовен фонд (РЕФ) – Будимпешта. УНГАРИЈА / Roma Oktatási Alap (REF) – Budapest, MAGYARORSZÁG
Albert MEMETI, Project Manager
+359 87 896 4701