PATHWAY TO EMPLOYMENT THROUGH SKILLS DEVELOPMENT AND SUSTAINABLE LABOUR MARKET INTEGRATION OF THE ROMA, IN PARTICULAR ROMA WOMEN (PATHSKILL)
Skopje Municipalities of Šuto Orizari and Čair and the Municipality of Tetovo inhabited by Roma population.
15 months: from 06.04.2016 to 05.07.2017.
The proposed project will contribute to the national efforts in poverty reduction and socio-economic inclusion of Roma, particularly Roma women, in line with the objectives of the “National Strategy for Social Inclusion and Poverty Reduction National Roma Strategy” and “National Strategy for improving the position of Roma women” creating equal opportunities for all in accessing the labour market.
Specific objective of the action is to facilitate sustainable labour market integration of individuals from Roma ethnic communities, especially women through the enhancement of their employment potentials and addressing obstacles that hinder participation in the labour market.
- 180 beneficiaries of Roma ethnicity, with focus on Roma women.
- In order to target the most vulnerable, priority will be given to single mothers.
- Establishing a Technical Working Group composed of operational professionals in the area of socio-economic inclusion of Roma;
- Vocational training modules in line with current labour market needs, affinities of beneficiaries, their professional background (if any) and educational background developed;
- Personal development plans for beneficiaries based on the assessment of individual skills and level of knowledge produced;
- On-the-job trainings;
- Interpersonal and communications skills training for reinforcing key workplace competences of beneficiaries;
- Thematic sessions aimed at sensitizing the beneficiaries and their families on the traditional attitude towards women’s education and employment and the consequences of it.
Меѓународна организација за миграции (ИОМ) – Скопје
Biljana SIMEONOVA, Project Coordinator
+389 2 309 5477