SUPPORT FOR INCLUSION OF ROMA WOMEN AND WOMEN FROM OTHER ETHNIC MINORITIES INTO THE LABOUR MARKET
Municipalities of Skopje, Kumanovo, Bitola.
15 months: from 15.12.2015 to 15.03.2017.
The overall objective of the proposal is to foster social inclusion of disadvantage women, with special focus on Roma women and women from other ethnic minorities, creating thus equal opportunities in accessing the labour market.
- To facilitate the involvement of Roma women and women from other ethnic minorities in the labour market, through strengthening their skills and qualifications, assisting by that their full integration into the society;
- To strengthen the role of Employment Service Agency in implementation of social inclusion program for Roma women and women from other ethnic minorities, with special focus on building partnerships and cooperation.
The target group will be consisted of 60 women in total:
- Roma women;
- Women from other ethnic minorities.
A1) Personal development of the job seekers, including preparation and implementation of personal development plans:
- Community outreach –informative sessions – 2 informative sessions in Skopje; 2 informative sessions in Kumanovo and 2 informative sessions in Bitola;
- Individual assessments for selection of the beneficiaries – 60 individual assessments for Roma women and women from other ethnic minority, 20 from each city;
- Preparation of the development plans – 60 development plans for Roma women and women from other ethnic minority, 20 from each city;
- Counselling activities for job seeking – 60 women, 20 from each city will be given counselling about their professional orientation.
A2) Preparation and delivery of tailored trainings in accordance to the needs of the target group:
- Organizing educational trainings for preparing CV, motivation letter and lessons on how to behave during an interview – 6 educational trainings for preparing CV, motivation letter and how to behave during an interview will be organized (two trainings will per city, six in total);
- Organizing courses for developing vocational, general, language and basic IT skills in cooperation with Employment Service Agency – Assistance will be given to 60 women, 20 from each city in reaching the labour market and finding job, through following the active job advertisements announced on internet and newspapers;
- Organizing on-the-job trainings – 6 on the job trainings will be organized (two trainings per each city, six in total).
A3) Overcoming of the obstacles that hinder women participation in the labour force:
- Conducting programme for promoting gender equality and empower Roma woman, women from other ethnic minorities for overcoming cultural and traditional factors in the family and society;
- Preparing assessment for respecting tradition but not at the expense of women's right.
ЗМакедонски центар за женски права „Шелтер центар“ – Скопје
Daniela DABESKA, Project Manager
+389 75 430 043
Daniela DABESKA, President
+389 75 430 043
Ahmet JAŠAREVSKI, President
+389 70 541 535