RURAL WOMEN: KEY TO ECONOMIC GROWTH
Polog Region: the rural Municipalities of Bogovinje, Brvenica, Vrapčište, Tearce, Želino, Mavrovo i Rostuše and Jegunovce.
18 months: from 14.12.2015 to 13.06.2017.
To increase the participation of rural woman from ethnic communities into the labour market by creating opportunities and enabling environment for their employment and self-employment.
- To develop and deliver tailor-made capacity building programme according to individual needs and conditions of ethnic minority women;
- To support the development and expansion of rural women economic activities and self-employment;
- To design and establish a mechanism/advisory body in the area of employment measures and practices focused on ethnic women.
Primary target group:
- Women of all ethnic groups (Turks, Albanians, Bošnjaks, and Macedonians) aged 20-45 (150 women in total) directly involved in the implementation from rural areas of the Polog Region.
Secondary (indirect) target group:
- Women that have developed business in the Polog Region, women from marginalized ethnic groups, their families to have better living environment, employers at the labour market in the Polog Region with their municipalities involved in the project.
- A much larger group consisting of employers and their associations, municipalities, NGOs and other development and educational organizations.
- Needs assessment conducted in selected municipalities concerning ethnic minority women;
- Creation of the participants profile and selection of the project participants;
- Development of individual employment action plans for the selected participants in the project;
- Trainings and certification of women as wild herb collectors;
- Provision of on-the-job-training for the training participants at the selected employers;
- Development of business plans for expansion of potential women-owned business;
- Development of business plans for women-owned start-up companies;
- Preparation and printing of publicity materials about the project.
Здружение за локален рурален развој (ЗЛРР) – Тетово