PILOTING A MODEL FOR SUSTAINABLE EMPLOYMENT OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
Skopje Region: the ten urban municipalities and the following: Aračinovo, Čučer-Sandevo, Ilinden, Petrovec, Sopište, Studeničani, Zelenikovo.
18 months: from 14.12.2015 to 14.06.2017.
Тo foster equal and active inclusion of persons with disabilities into the open labour market.
To pilot and promote a model of sustainable employment of persons with disabilities, based on their abilities to contribute as equal and active citizens.
- Persons with disabilities;
- Business sector;
- Public institutions responsible for employment of persons with disabilities;
- Civic organizations;
- Experts and professionals;
- General public.
1) Increasing employability and access to the open labour market by persons with disabilities:
- Selection of persons with disabilities to participate in the action;
- Provision of training in basic employability (‘soft’) skills;
- Provision of individual tailor-made training in specific skills relevant for concrete identified vacancies;
- Mentoring of persons with disabilities in applying for and starting a new job.
- Research among different types of employers on the attitudes, needs and obstacles that enterprises face regarding disability employment;
- Workshops for human-resources personnel;
- Practical guide for companies: “Employing and Managing PwD” (working title);
- Tailor-made support packages to companies.
- Creation and functioning of a web-platform for exchange of information and experiences;
- Organization of peer-to- peer exchange meetings between employers of persons with disabilities;
- Preparation of video on three project success stories (i.e. employed persons with disabilities);
- Preparation of policy brief fostering inclusion of persons with disabilities in the open labour market.
Здружение за асистивна технологија „Отворете ги прозорците“ – Скопје
Vesna JOVANOVA, Project Manager
+389 75 342 331
Margarita GULEVSKA, PR Officer
+389 2 306 8630, +389 70 514 631